After a long hard winter, most families look forward to spring when flowers begin blooming once more, and the songs and sounds of birds grow louder each new day of spring. This could be a very exciting time for home owners as they look forward to tree and shrub plantings, and gardening activities.
End of winter hibernation
Many home owners are also happy to emerge from what may appear like hibernation from their homes and start venturing outside once more. In the midst of this enthusiasm, there are certain important spring safety tips that every home owners should consider. This article discusses spring safety tips for your home.
Safety of Your home is paramount
Change of season oftentimes requires periodic physical checkups for your home. Here is a list of things to check in your home to make sure they are in optimal condition.
- Check all the smoke detectors to make sure they are all in great working condition. Change batteries if need be.
- Check all door locks both from inside and outside the home.
- Check your garage locks; consider installing deadbolts with outside access on all doors.
- Install motion sensors. It not only increases security of your family it also deters criminals from attempting to break into your home.
- Are your shrubs trimmed? This is the time to trim and cut them to size, so they don’t shield burglars when they attempt to break into your home.
- Clean your garage. Collect all important paper documents and file and store them in fire resistant safes. This will keep your documents safe and reduce fire hazards in your home.
- Install a security system in your home. If you don’t have one, and you have often procrastinated in doing this, this spring is a great time to get this done. Security systems can lower your Home Insurance premiums
Securing your Home Insurance
This is the most important tip of all. Home or property insurance is vital to every homeowner. If you live in the Rochester MN area contact a reliable home insurance provider – Safechoice Insurance Agency to discuss your insurance needs.