Many Rochester, MN drivers who buy the legal minimum of insurance don’t put much thought into it. You simply go to Safechoice Insurance Agency, ask them for liability, and assume that they can work it out from there. But what does that liability protection actually cover? Let’s break it down simply:
- $30,000 in bodily injury per person per accident
- $60,000 in bodily injury total per accident
- $40,000 in PIP, Personal Injury Protection
- $25,000 in uninsured motorist coverage per person per accident
- $50,000 in uninsured motorist coverage total per accident
- $25,000 in underinsured motorist coverage per person per accident
- $50,000 in underinsured motorist coverage total per accident
Roughly half of all US states require uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage. It’s sort of ironic that the law states that those of us who buy insurance have to cover for those of us who do not, but so it goes.
The legal minimum is a good starting point, but it’s not really the best idea to settle for that. You would rather not settle for minimum wage, minimum portions, minimum effort, so why settle for the minimum mandatory insurance? The least amount of insurance legally possible will help you to keep from being bankrupted in the event of an accident that was your fault, but you will at least need comprehensive and collision if you want to protect your car, and you may want to consider gap insurance and replacement cost coverage if you’re still paying a new vehicle off.
If you’re still shopping around for auto insurance in Rochester, MN, get in touch with Safechoice Insurance Agency. Call us up or visit the Safechoice Insurance Agency website and we’ll connect you with the coverage you need.