What kinds of work vehicles are covered by commercial auto insurance?

Rochester, MN is big enough to give you all the big city benefits without feeling overwhelming, especially with its university, parks, and great music scene. This makes it a great place to own a small business, and at Safechoice Insurance Agency, we want to help you protect your investment.

One of the most important things you can do for your small business is to make sure you have the right insurance. It can be confusing when it comes to making choices about the best way to make sure you are covered if there is ever an accident or other event that causes damage to your property, employees, or customers. Commercial auto insurance can seem really tricky, especially if you have vehicles that you use for both personal and business reasons.

When it comes right down to it, you can insure pretty much any kind of motor vehicle that you use for your business. That includes:

  • passenger cars that you may use to transport people or run errands;
  • trucks or vans that you may use to deliver flowers, food, furniture, or other kinds of goods;
  • farm vehicles, such as pick-up trucks or livestock trucks;
  • dump trucks used for construction and other similar jobs;
  • snow plow vehicles;
  • and work vans used to transport crews and equipment.

It is important to remember that an insurance policy for a personal vehicle will not provide coverage in an accident if the vehicle is used mainly for business or if the vehicle is owned by the business. Even if your personal policy covers the accident, it may not be enough coverage for a business-related accident. If your small business is in Rochester, MN, call Safechoice Insurance Agency today so we can help you make sure you have the protection you need.